Monday, July 7, 2008

No money with a $180,000 / year salary???

Two weeks ago, I decided to go to France for the weekend.

On my last day at work before leaving, I told my colleague about my trip. He said to me that he would love to do the same and take the same flight (he studied in France and still have friends there).

I told him that I had found the $630 flight on Travelocity. He checked the webpage and told me "I don't think I have enough Aeroplan miles, I won't be able to do it".

That guy makes $180,000 a year + bonus and he can't buy a $630 plane ticket???!!! I make a quarter of that and I could!

I realized that even if you have a very good salary, if you don't budget and watch your expenses money can still be an issue.

2 comments:

SavingDiva said...

Wow! $180k and can't spare $700! Crazy!

Unknown said...

I love your blog.I read your maximum of posts and i always found them interesting and impressive.The knowledge shared by all the post are good enough to acquire the whole information about topic.

stansted airport parking