Sunday, July 20, 2008

Great phone deal :)

I was looking for a good cell phone deal, that would be cheaper than my residential phone line.

My residential line cost me $38.00 a month.

I have a friend who works for a mobile phone company. Thanks to my friend, I got an 'family and friends' rate (which is exactly like an employee rate). I got the cell (LG Chocolate Spin) for $17.00 and a monthly deal of $20.00, including voice mail!

I would have love to get the cute pink Blackberry Pearl, but it would have been too expensive, about $75.00 a month (voice + data).

I called Bell (my residential line) to cancel, they offered me a $18.00 a month deal if I stayed. But I said no, I'd rather have a cell for that price :)

2 comments:

Canadian Saver said...

Enjoy your new phone!! That is a great price yep :-)

Frugaleconome said...

Thanks :)